Doesn’t it feel good when you treat someone?
The problem is that you might not always be able to do that.
So here’s an idea.
Create a Generosity Fund.
Uh? What’s a Generosity Fund, David?
It’s a pot of money that you can dip into when you want to treat someone.
And because the money is there just for that purpose, you don’t need to think twice about whether you can afford that treat.
How To Create a Generosity Fund
Here are a couple of ideas:
- Save £5, £10, £20, etc. each month via direct debit into a savings account.
- Drop your loose change into a jar or a pot at the end of each day.
How To Use a Generosity Fund
This bit is exciting!
Why not use your fund to…
- Take a friend out to lunch.
- Pay for the coffee for that person behind you in the queue at Starbucks, without them knowing until you’re far away.
- Buy a meal voucher for a homeless person and spend a couple of minutes just telling him or her that you want to treat them.
- Drop an anonymous tenner inside a card through someone’s letterbox if you know they’re struggling.
- Send someone flowers to cheer them up.
- Give an extravagant tip to your waiter and watch their face.
Good ideas, eh?
Let’s be imaginative. Let’s be generous. Let’s be extravagant.
I can feel the excitement already.